What We Do
Floating Production Specialists
Floating production is a vital technology, providing a safe and reliable platform that can be used to access the vast reserves of natural resources currently awaiting development under the surface.
Whether it’s oil and gas extraction, an offshore trans-shipping operation or a floating power generation project, at BE&R we have the expertise and experience necessary to help you achieve the outcomes you’re looking for.
Floating Production Capabilities
FLNG - Floating LNG Capabilities
- High level of experience at conceptual and early phases of projects.
- Experienced strategic planning of project execution process.
- Cost and schedule development, based on extensive FPSO experience and FLNG
- Facilitation of decision making and project execution workshops.
- Technical decision making based on up to date market knowledge and technical expertise.
- Pre-FEED and FEED project execution and management.
- Cold eye and due diligence reviews.
FSRU - Floating Storage Regasification Capabilities
- Scope definition.
- Project engineering.
- EPCM management support.
- Discipline engineering (naval architecture, marine engineering & facilities).
- Technical due diligence and design reviews.
- Technology qualification and validation CAPEX & OPEX cost estimate development.
- Schedule development.
- Risk and assurance reviews.
- Tender development.
- Installation support.
- Regulatory and class review.
FPSO - Floating Production, Storage & Offloading Capabilities
- Classification Society requirements.
- Development of optimised survey scopes, inspection, repair engineering and execution scopes.
- Class Focal Point (5 yearly Special Survey, 2.5 yearly Intermediate Survey, Annual Survey).
- Technical integrity support / technical authority – Facilities, Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering.
- Optimised inspection & repair scopes for hull, machinery & TMS.
- Development of asset integrity management plans and Risk Based Inspection (RBI) plans.
- Development of emergency response and repair response plans.
- Condition assessment survey (e.g. for valuation, scope development etc.).
- Development of shipyard and offshore repair/refurbishment/life extension scopes & contracting strategy.
- Troubleshooting of turret, mooring, marine systems, process systems, structural corrosion and coatings.
The Future of Oil and Gas Operations
The world’s resources are not distributed evenly.
The reality is that the vast majority of easily-accessible onshore developments have already been exploited.
With 30% of the world’s oil and gas reserves located offshore, floating production allows the successful extraction of hydrocarbons from remote and hard-to-reach locations.
The oil and gas industry continues to play a vital role in meeting the world’s energy demands, especially as LNG is playing a crucial role in the transition to a low-carbon future. Future access to deep-water resources will require the deployment of floating production technology.
Our Floating Production Capabilities
We have extensive experience in providing a range of services and support to floating production operations in the South-East Asia region.
Our dedicated team has over 300 years of combined experience in offshore production, spanning a variety of technical, commercial and engineering disciplines.
Our highly proficient engineers, project managers and consulting experts specialise in delivering clear and coherent strategies. This means that you can rely on us to provide highly effective solutions that are fit for purpose and provide the best commercial outcomes.